HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – October 17 to 18, 2009 – Boardfest marks its triumphant return this year with the largest event of its kind in the U.S. Boardfest “Fall Frenzy” features surfing and snowboarding competitions, live music, fashion, clinics, free attractions, skateboarding demos, empowerment activities, an interactive exposition and a major salute to Girl Power.
Boardfest is held just south of the Huntington Beach Pier, Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 17-18. The family-friendly event features activities for kids, tweens, teens and young adults. More information is available at www.boardfest.com. Key elements of Boardfest include:
Nation’s Largest Girls Junior Pro-Am Surfing Competition: The sporting “soul” of Boardfest features the largest stand-alone event of its kind for women in North America. The unique competition is open to females under the age of 20. Key elements include:
• America’s elite age 20 and under surfers competing in a world class venue
• Historically excellent wave window with fall hurricane swells
Blizzard at the Beach Snowboard Rail Jam: Boardfest’s innovative Blizzard at the Beach features more snow, more drama, more carnage and world-class male and female athletes competing. With music blaring and the Pacific Ocean as a backdrop, competition is held adjacent to the iconic pier on a giant, snow-covered structure. Key elements include:
• Invitation-only field of elite men on Saturday; women only on Sunday
• Massive two-story platform covered with 40 tons of fresh snow daily
Boardfest Music, Entertainment & Fashion Stage: The entertainment stage is the heartbeat of Boardfest; with daily action ranging from popular bands and radio DJs to fashion shows, the Boardfest stage is a top draw for hard-to-reach tweens and teens. Key elements include:
• Fashion shows with top lifestyle brands Roxy, O’Neill, Quiksilver, Billabong, etc.
• Paramore, Cute Is What We Aim For and MTV’s Alex M among historical acts
Boardfest’s Ocean-Front, Interactive Exposition: Boardfest’s interactive exposition features dozens of free exhibits, activities, attractions, sampling and an arcade spread over four acres. Heavy on environmental, empowerment & healthy lifestyle themes; key elements include:
• Dozens of free exhibits, attractions, activities, sampling and more
• Prominent salute to Girl Power pays homage to Boardfest’s roots
Several cost-effective entitlement and exhibitor packages are available. Boardfest is produced by MKM, a Huntington Beach-based firm that specializes in non-traditional public relations, experiential marketing and event production. Please visit www.myspace.com/teammkm.