The 2013 ASP Women's World Championship Tour (WCT) will culminate with the eighth and final stop of the year, the EDP Cascais Girls Pro presented by Billabong, running this week from October 3 - 7, 2013.
After a season that has witnessed the world's best female surfers do battle in Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, USA and last week in France, the EDP Cascais Girls Pro in Portugal will host this year's thrilling conclusion to the requalification campaigns of the ASP Top 17 as well as the hotly-contested battle for the 2013 ASP Women's World Title.
All ASP Top 17 surfers' year-end ratings are determined on their respective best seven results of eight events.
Heading into Portugal, two surfers remain in contention for 2013 ASP Women's World Title: Carissa Moore (HAW), 21, and Tyler Wright (AUS), 19.
While the Hawaiian has a narrow 200-point lead over Wright, once both surfers reach the Quarterfinals, the Australian has the advantage:
ASP Women's WCT Possibilities for EDP Cascais Girls Pro -
Moore: 13th – 54,700 pts, 9th – 54,700 pts, 5th – 54,700 pts, 3rd – 56,000 pts, 2nd – 57,500 pts, 1st – 59,500 pts
Wright: 13th – 54,500 pts, 9th – 54,500 pts, 5th - 55,700 pts, 3rd – 57,000 pts, 2nd – 58,500 pts, 1st – 60,500 pts
While the primary focus in Portugal will be the Moore/Wright battle for this year's surfing crown, another major story unfolding will be the qualifiers for the 2014 ASP Women's World Championship Tour. The 2014 ASP Top 17 will be comprised of the top 10 finishers on this year's ASP WCT rankings, the top 6 finishers on this year's already-completed qualifying series as well as the ASP wildcard. A number of elite tour campaigners are currently hovering around the top 10 cutoff mark heading into the EDP Cascais Girls Pro and competition is sure to be intense amongst the world's best female surfers.
The EDP Cascais Girls Pro presented by Billabong will run from October 3 - 7, 2013 and will be webcast LIVE via www.aspeurope.com/edpcascais
For more information, visit www.aspworldtour.com
2013 ASP Women's WCT Ratings (Heading into EDP Cascais Girls Pro):
1. Carissa Moore (HAW) 54,700 pts
2. Tyler Wright (AUS) 54,500 pts
3. Sally Fitzgibbons (AUS) 49,400 pts
4. Courtney Conlogue (USA) 45,300 pts
5. Stephanie Gilmore (AUS) 35,650 pts
6. Lakey Peterson (USA) 35,400 pts
7. Coco Ho (HAW) 32,150 pts
8. Bianca Buitendag (ZAF) 28,400 pts
8. Pauline Ado (FRA) 28,400 pts
10. Laura Enever (AUS) 25,900 pts
10. Alana Blanchard (HAW) 25,900 pts
12. Malia Manuel (HAW) 23,650 pts
13. Paige Hareb (NZL) 21,400 pts
14. Silvana Lima (BRA) 20,200 pts
15. Sage Erickson (USA) 17,950 pts
16. Rebecca Woods (AUS) 15,700 pts
17. Sofia Mulanovich (PER) 14,500 pts