Primo Island Lager, Hawai'i's original beer, dating back to 1897, will bring back the iconic Hawaiian taste and aloha spirit to Florida from June 3 to 5. Some of Hawai'i's most notorious "Braddahs" (“brother” or “pal” in Hawaiian pidgin) are coming direct from Hawai'i to help spread the word about Primo Island Lager and heat up these beachfront towns.
Primo's "Braddahs" will stop at local establishments to have some fun. The public is invited to meet the braddahs and share in the Hawaiian culture.
"Primo is Hawai'i – with roots that go back to 1897. When we decided to bring Primo back, it was important that we worked with and received approval from islanders and watermen to make sure this was a beer that would make Hawaiian aunties and uncles proud," said Kyle Wortham, senior brand manager at Primo Brewing & Malting Co. "The reception that the Primo received in Hawai'i last year was overwhelming and we've had increasing demand for the beer from Florida and beyond."
Primo's "Braddahs" will be on hand, including:
· Russ K –Three-time Longboard World Champion and part of the first family of Hawaiian surfing
· Keoni Watson– Hawaiian Big Wave Champion
· Makani – Radio personality and Polynesian performer
· Spam– Primo's official "Bombucha"
· Kimo – Primo's Big Braddan and a Division winner at the Buffalo Big Board Surf Tournament
Thursday, June 3 – Melbourne Beach Area
· 12pm to 1:30pm – Long Doggers – Satellite Beach
· 5pm to 6:30pm – Long Doggers – Indiatlantic
· 7:30pm to 10pm – Long Doggers – Palm Bay
Friday, June 4 – Cocoa Beach Area
· 11am to 2pm – The Pier – Cocoa Beach
· 4pm to 7pm – Coconuts – Cocoa Beach
· 8pm to 9pm – Anglers Inn and Surfers Bar – Cocoa Beach
· 9:30pm to 12am – Sports Page – Satellite Beach
Saturday, June 5 – Jax Beach Area
· 3pm to 4pm – Broudy Liquors – Ponte Verdra Beach
· 4:30pm to 5pm – Cabo's – Jax Beach
· 5:30pm to 6pm – Dale's – Jax Beach
· 6:30pm to 7:30pm – Bukket's – Jax Beach
· 7:30pm to 8pm – Jamrock's – Jax Beach
· 8pm to 8:30pm – Paco's Mexican Grill – Jax Beach
· 10pm to 10:30pm – Carribee Key Island Grill – Neptune Beach
· 11pm to 12am – Landsharks – Jax Beach
· Interview and photo opportunities with ambassadors
· Interview opportunity for story on Hawaiian heritage and culture coming to Florida
· Surf with the ambassadors
Primo Island Lager is now available at select bars and retail locations in Florida, Colorado, California and parts of Nevada. A mainstay of Hawaii and surf scenes, production of Primo began again in its home state of Hawaii in 2007. Due to popular demand that reached across the Pacific Ocean, Primo has now returned to the mainland U.S.
For more information, visit www.primobeer.com.
Direct Line: 203-842-2090