Get over and make your opinion known in the world's first freesurfing platform Innersection.tv
Round 2 started. Some good. Some really bad. Some super shocking. A lot of f—cking nature. Too much Techno. And Really, Flynn Novak doing flips? Matt Meola who!? And that's my favorite part about Innersection. It's Peter Devries's coming out party. Brett Simpson finally under a microscope (and passing with flying colors). I finally have a place to daydream at Craig Anderson's style. A place to see that Cory Lopez is still that gnarly. If you haven't been to Innersection.tv to check out the Spring submissions, get over there and devote some Facebook time to watching sections. It's much better than other things. And be sure to comment, and tell them that electro music is so last year. And that they don't have enough backside clips. It's all there, awaiting your judgment. Here are our picks and a few things we'd like to see.
SURFING Magazine's Top 5 picks for Round 2:
Click the thumbnails below to watch their part on Innersection.tv
- Peter Devries: This is an easy one. Much like Nate Tyler's domination in Round 1, Peter Devries' section is unique from the get-go. He's in a 5/4/2 the entire time. Surfing just as loose and fast as most the other entries. The edit by Jeremy Koreski, fellow Canadian and amazing photog, is fantastic, and the only "dress up" storyline that works. Go watch it now just to see the slab at the end. Holy shit.
- Craig Anderson: This is not the best footage of Craig. This is a well-done Innersection part though. Rumour has it he's holding out. Consider this the LP preceding his EP to come. His style is mesmerizing. It is the SURFING Magazine shred-crush of the moment. Craig epitomizes all things now: great style and flow, interesting knee placement and the most lethargic aerial style ever. But I mean that in the most refreshing way ever. No agro over psyches, just fluid airs and ultra oily turns.
- Matt Meola: The first wave of this section is the clincher. Street cred for days. He then backs up the death drop with high-energy spins and twists, not to mention what may be the most technically sound alley oop and grab of the year. An amazing talent and a great coming out party for this grom from Maui.
- Dion Agius: Like it or not, Dion is going to make this round. With the help of a hot naked girl, and some really fresh footage of the Modern Collective star, this section shows Dion doing more turns than you may be used to seeing him. With a hitch to the storyline at the end, this is a solid Innersection submission.
- Cory Lopez: Kelly Slater's comment about Cory and his "unique" lines on a wave are spot on. This part shows he is still one of the most creative surfers in the world right now and continues to keep pace with the younger guys in the air. Not to mention his big-wave tendencies. It's been a long time since Cory Lopez (if ever?) has been in a Taylor Steele project. This looks like a good place to start.
And now, a letter to Round 3 of Innersection:
Dear Round 3:
Please find some better music. And guess what, Kai Neville already made Modern Collective, try to be original with your edit. We know it was a good flick, but this is Postmodern Collective. And don't forget to go backside. It's part of surfing. You're all acting like a bunch of goofyfoots and only going frontside. The nature shots are getting a little bit out of control and be careful trying to be funny. Sometimes it's not funny. Other than that, well done Round 2. We have a feeling the heavy hitters are coming to a round 3 near you.